Saturday, September 20, 2008

Update

Ok so here's what's been happening:
Today and Thursday I went skulling!!!!!!
Which was lots and lots of fun! And I'm learning German rowing commands.
Next weekend I have a retreat in the Black Forest!
I'm learning lots of German, and having an amazing time.
I found out that over fall break my family has planned a trip to my host father's home town in the mountains!
After that my host mother wants to take me to visit her sister in Munich for a few days!
Last weekend I got to visit the highest court in Germany.
I also went to the top of the tower on the Schloss (castle). From there you can see the begining of the Black Forest, and also the mountains in France!!!!! As well as all of the city of Karlsruhe (including the football stadium). It's gorgeous.
From there you can also see how extensive the Palace grounds are. There are the inner palace grounds and the outer palace grounds. The inner palace grounds are fenced in, but the outer apparently go on for several Kms.
Oh and a note about the photos
some are also of the Palace's Botanical Gardens (which are gorgeous)!!!
Hope everyone is doing well!!!!

No comments: