Tuesday, September 9, 2008

First Week

Hallo, Wie geht's?
Sorry just updating now. As was suggested by AFS I was trying to distance myself, however, I'm sure you all know I like to communicate as often as possible. Anyways here's what is happening!
Sunday I slept a very long time (in fact I missed breakfast). Then we went by bike into Karlsruhe. I got to see the castle, which is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been meeting many neighbors, and family friends.
Monday I went to school, and got my schedule. The number of courses I'm taking!
I'm taking physichs, chemistry, biology, science and technique (natural science), french, english, poilitics, geography, german, swimming, religion, music, art and some kind of math that I think is Precalc, but the title of the book doesn't translate, so I'll let you know once I figure it out! (clearly I didn't get to choose my classes).
I think it'll turn out fine though, hopefully it means good grades in at least physichs and chem (not to mention english)
School is very different here. You have a different schedule for every day of the week, and then it starts all over again (with the same schedule) the next week. The days not only have the classes in different orders, but the days are different lengths, so Mondays I have classes untill 4:30, but on Wednesday and Friday I only have classes until 1, and on Tuesdays and Thursdays until 2, so I don't have every class every day.
Also all of your classes are with the same people, which is good for being a new student, you make friends much quicker this way!
I went to school today and will go again tomorrow, altough right now I don't understand much. Thursday, however, I start language classes, and will not return to school until October, but then I will hopefully be able to understand what my teachers are saying to the rest of the class!
Thanks for all the emails, for those of you who asked, you're not writing too much, I greatly enjoy them! Sorry still no pics, I haven't taken mnay pictures yet,I need to get out more with my camera (once language school starts I'll have more freetime in the morning). Once I can go out on my own there will be plenty of pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!! I promise!!!!!

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

gee marts, sorry they couldn't come up with more classes for you!
glad to hear you're settling in!
love rhonda

Anonymous said...

wow that is the most ridiculous schedule!
does everyone take the same amount of classes as you do?

Martha said...

hahaha
well you stay with one group of people for all your classes so I have the same 17 girls in each class.
currently i understand french and NWT (science and technology)and of course english the best.
everything else i've just kind of turned to the girls next to me and been like "tell me if there is something really important"