Monday, March 30, 2009

Ruins, Reptiles, Riding and Rowing :)

I've had an eventful couple of weeks since I last wrote.
And by weeks I mean weekends really....
During the week I go to school, or actually right now I have a community service project in an Elderly Day Care Center.....
The weekend after I got back from Mid-stay Karlsruhe had other Mid-stay students. We all went to meet one of Karlsrhe's Mayors together. It was surprisingly much more fun than expected.
Karlsruhe at night :)
I was very proud becuase even after I talked he thought I was German :)
I then, however, informed him I'm infact American.
Later in the weekend my host mom, Oda, took me and Nehle and Rebecca (friends) in the Pfalz. We went for a "hike" and saw some really cool ruins of an old castle.

Madenburg 1176Rebecca and I

Then we went into Landau, a relatively small city in the Pfalz.

Then we went to a reptile house. It was sooooooooooo cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anaconda
Boa with mouth open (sorry it's blurry, didn't want to disturb all the creatures with my flash)
Chameleon
Meekah on the way home :)
Then this past weekend I went to France!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was so excited! It was fun! We saw other really cool castle ruins there!!!
Underground (or now underground) Passageway

The steps we had to climb up
Old rooms
The well

And then walked around Wissembourg.
Almost the whole ride back I could see where I row, which is in Germany.....
Speaking of rowing I spent the whole last Saturday at the rowing club. We had practice in the morning as usual and then we had lunch together afterwards. Then we had some time in which we (those of us around my age) used for sleep/figuring out what our spring training schedule would be like. Then we had practice again. Then we had some game time. Then we had dinner, and then watched a movie. It was really really enjoyable. It's very seldom here that I just spend a whole day with the same group of people (other than when I'm in school).
Riding has also been going well, and I can't wait until the weather is good enough that we can go outside for lessons :)
"My" horse, Kalidor

No comments: