Thursday, October 2, 2008

Haven't written in a while!

So sorry, I haven't written in forever!
Anways her's what has been going on!
Two Sundays ago I want for a nice nature walk type of outing with my host family and a neighboring family. It was beautiful, and it felt so much like Fall in Baltimore!
I also went for a long bike ride later in the week with my host father. It was beautiful as well!
He showed me two nearby lakes, and we were along a small river for most of the ride.
Then last weekend I had an AFS retreat in Freudenstadt. Freudanstadt is an adorable and charming little city! The retreat was, much to my delight, quite fun! We even went for a walk around Freudenstadt, and up a large hill that overlooks the city. It was very delightful, and the weather couldn't have been nicer! We had a talent show, which with five other people I did a group Irish Dance with. It was quite amusing considering we had no music, and I was the only one who actually Irish dances. I also got to learn Thai Dance while I was there, which is really cool!
I got to go skulling in a single for the first time this week!!! FUN!!!!
My German is coming along wel, I understand more and more every day. I also can now speak in more than one tense, yay!
Pictures to come soon, I promise!
Hope everyone is doing well!!!

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Always good to hear from you and it sounds like a great adventure. We're finally into some fall weather here too!
:)

Linda said...

Martha,

I'm so glad to see you are having the time of your life! The pictures are just amazing.

We miss you at dance class..... Does anyone know they have a dancer in their mists?

Martha said...

hehe
Ms. Linda this is terrible, but
I just saw your comment here!!!
But yeah my friends and family here know that I dance :)